It’s spring time!
The produce interns at the World Hunger Relief, Inc. Farm are as busy as bees this spring season, seeding out and transplanting vegetables for our new Whole Farm CSA.
The spring pilot season is currently full, but if you are interested in signing up for our fall whole farm CSA, complete our online form.
We are piloting a new Whole Farm CSA, expanding our CSA to include products from all of our interns’ farm enterprises. Each week our whole farm CSA members will receive:
- 1/2 bushel of veggies
- 2-3 lbs of pastured beef, poultry, pork, and occasionally other unique meats (lamb, goat, rabbit)
- 2 other food item of your choice (eggs, dried herbs, pickled items, jams, honey, offal, etc.)
- 1 additional item (goat’s milk soap, lip balm, hand salve, lard, flowers, etc.)
Each share will include enough food to make at least 3 farm fresh meals. Additional CSA member benefits include:
- Swap box to exchange any unwanted items in your CSA share
- Weekly newsletter with farm updates intern stories, recipes, and a list of upcoming produce
- Exclusive or first access to certain limited farm products (honey, grains, lard, etc.)
- Exclusive pick your own access to certain crops (cherry tomatoes, herbs, and occasionally flowers)
- End of season celebratory dinner with the farm staff and interns on the farm
Cost (weekly, monthly and whole payment options available)
Full and bi-weekly shares:
- $45/week for Tuesday afternoon pickup at the farm
- $50/week for Saturday pickup at the Waco Downtown Farmers Market
Vegan option (excludes meat and eggs):
- – $25/week for Tuesday pickup at the farm
- – $30/week for Saturday pickup at the Waco Downtown Farmers Market