World Hunger Relief Inc. is a tax-exempt non-profit corporation registered with the State of Texas under the 501(c)3 IRS status. Financial gifts are therefore tax-deductible when no gifts or services are received in exchange for the donation.
Financial gifts may be given in a variety of methods:
- One-time gifts (check, cash or credit card)
- PayPal using the donate button above (Please note: If you are wanting to send a gift in honor or in memory of someone, please fill in the section entitled “Purpose” on the PayPal form).
- Monthly gifts may be made via: Direct draft from your bank to WHRI’s account, automated PayPal donations, credit card, or checks written monthly. Click here for our updated monthly giving form.
- Gift of stock/securities
- Gifts in-kind, such as usable equipment, construction materials and farming/gardening tools.
- Planned giving/estate gifts:If you wish to build charitable giving into your estate plan, World Hunger Relief, Inc. can help you realize your goals while also achieving tax advantages.We accept a variety of planned gifts left by generous individuals who are dedicated to ensuring a positive future for the farm. When you seek a planned giving option, we will work with you and your professional advisors to facilitate gifts.
A bequest to World Hunger Relief, Inc. ensures that the farm and community of people around the world who are impacted by it will continue to be supported beyond your lifetime. Bequests can be made by will or revocable trust and can take a variety of forms, such as a specific amount, a percentage of your estate or a certain asset. You can also name World Hunger Relief, Inc. as the “residuary beneficiary” of all or part of your estate after other bequests have been made or as a “contingent beneficiary” in the event other named beneficiaries do not outlive you.
Sample Bequest of Remainder of Estate: I give, devise and bequeath to World Hunger Relief, Inc. Tax I. D. #74-1880456, a nonprofit organization as described in section 170(b) of the Internal Revenue Code, all [or state the fraction or percentage] of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate, both real and personal. World Hunger Relief, Inc. 356 Spring Lake Rd. Waco, TX 76705.
- Sample Bequest of Specific Amount: I give, devise and bequeath $_____ to World Hunger Relief, Inc. Tax I. D. #74-1880456, a nonprofit organization as described in section 170(b) of the Internal Revenue Code. World Hunger Relief, Inc. 356 Spring Lake Rd. Waco, TX 76705.
- Beneficiary designation could be the least costly and most attractive way for you to support WHRI after your lifetime. While most of your assets will pass to your family through your will, some assets, like retirement plans and life insurance policies, are governed by a beneficiary designation. Through this form you can specify the individuals and organizations you want to support as well as the percentage of the assets you want each beneficiary to receive. Examples include: retirement plans and life insurance
These are merely suggestions as to content and should be written or adapted by legal counsel to fit your individual situation. Please consult your professional advisor.
For questions about donations please contact Matt Hess.